As an Interior Designer in Chapel Hill, NC, I hear the following words all of the time: ‘I wish I had known about your services before I built my house’. Many people wonder during the process if it is better to consult with a designer before or after the house is built or remodeled. The answer is easy: hire an Interior Designer for your new house and remodel project!
Advantages of a Designer
Interior Designers help clients with new construction or remodeling at the very beginning of a project rather than waiting when decisions have already been made.
- Professional interior designers help clients avoid costly mistakes.
- Designers help clients visualize their new space with renderings and drawings.
- Stress is greatly reduced when clients are able to talk to a neutral and professional third party.
- Designers have a greater knowledge of design, fixtures and finishes.
- Creativity is increased when a designer is involved.
How Designers Work With Clients
When you are ready to build a new home or remodel your existing space there are several places where the knowledge base of an interior designer is the greatest.
- At the beginning when you are choosing the site or builder. A designer can be involved with giving advice about a building site such as views and sun exposure. Interior Designers work with builders and remodelers daily and know the strengths and weaknesses of each.
- Reviewing plans is the main job of a designer. We create construction documents, work with builders and we are able to point out potential issues before the process begins. Awkward light fixture and outlet placement can ca avoided with a simple evaluation of an Electrical Plan.
- Designers know materials and furnishings. Designers are the trend setters and help you find creative pieces so your new home reflects your personality not the builders. Gray paint was all the rage in 2015 but in this decade the neutral white and off-white trend is here to stay.
- Staying within a budget is the hardest part of any remodel. Designers help a project stay in budget by alerting you when a product or finish is out of your financial reach. Interior designers know when to splurge on an item and where to save on less often used pieces.
- Designers are the liaison between you and your builder. Communication is the key and interior designers know the jargon and help explain your vision and help you understand construction terminology.
When you hire an design for your next project, First Impressions can also plan all of your window treatments, furnishings, and paint colors before the construction begins. Contact us now!
First Impressions by Julie Wagner, LLC
Chapel Hill, NC